Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Gift From God - A Mother's Day Blessing

                                                      
            I remember it like it was yesterday, a call from the adoption agency telling me that my child had been born. But the story really starts four days before Mother's Day, I was having lunch with my husband at a local restaurant. We were discussing a baby in Texas that my husband's aunt had informed us about. My first reaction was great, but something keep nagging at my heart about the situation. I had finally met with my husband to tell him about my doubts. 
           While we were in the mist of our lunch, a waitress approached our table and sat our glasses of tea down. 
           She looked at me and said, "Happy Mother's Day."
           "I'm not a mother," I replied wondering if she had overheard our conversation.
           "You will be," the waitress replied before she turned to leave. I looked at my husband, "Do you think she heard us talking?"
           He shook his head no. "She wasn't around us. She couldn't have heard." 
           We finished our meal and decided to table the conversation until later. The same waitress appeared again and put our check on the table.  "Do you mind if I write God Bless You on the check?" she asked.
           "No," I replied. Grabbing her pen from her pocket, she wrote out God Bless You and then left.  My husband paid the bill and then I returned home and he went back to work.  
           When Mother's Day arrived, we drove the two and half hour drive to visit our mothers. Later that night on the way home, I prayed for an answer about the situation with the Texas baby. As I prayed I felt this incredible peace come over me and I knew in my heart that we were not suppose to be the parents of that child. You might think I felt sadness, but I didn't. I just felt relieve that I had an answer, an answer from God.  
            A couple of days later the phone rang, I picked up the phone not expecting the phone call would change my life forever. The call was from the adoption agency, informing us that our baby had been born. As incredible as that was itself, I found out that my baby had been born the day the waitress told me I was going to be a mother. Was she an angel? I don't know. Was she a woman that God used to give me a message? Maybe. Either way I received a Mother's Day Blessing, a gift from God, my precious baby.       

10 comments:

  1. What a precious testimony, Kimberly. Thank you for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story, Kim! Your patience was rewarded. Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly, that story gave me chills, the good kind. God does work in mysterious ways. Have a happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful story. I believe in angels. Many are sent to us in unexpected forms to give us a message. Whether or not the lady in this story was one from heaven, we don't know. However, her message was divinely appointed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiring story, Kim. I became a mother through adoption, too. The silver stork delivered mine from Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful and heartwarming story. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be perfect in a book. An unbelievable incident. Bonnie McCune, author, Heart-Strong

    ReplyDelete