Saturday, April 6, 2013

April and Blessings

    As April makes it's statement of warmer weather and lots of showers, I have decided this year to try  my hand at canning. I recently purchased a book on the subject of canning, freezing, and dehydrating fruits and vegetables. While I realize that most of the canning and freezing will take place this summer when all the vegetables and fruits come into season, I decided to start trying to learn how to exactly master this task that both of my grandmothers manage to do with ease. The idea of storing food made me start thinking about my grandmothers and how it was just second nature to them to put up food for the winter for their families. I look back at my late grandmother and wished I could ask her so many questions about how she fed a family of ten with a small income or how she made the best fried chicken in the world. I guess every one realizes later in life what a gift grandparents are as you are growing up. But unfortunately like myself included, I afraid we learn it too late in life. So if you have older family members, take the time to learn from them. I am positive it will be a blessing to you.


April 15, 2013 - Remember to pray for the victims in Boston.
April 17, 2013 - Remember to pray also for Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment